COVID PUBLIC ANNOUCEMENT
Dear Downtown Church Members, Regular attendees & Guests,
After much prayer & conversation with each other and our church members, we decided to move our worship services inside on May 10th. The Governor of Iowa allowed churches to open on May 3rd, but we decided to wait an extra week, because the week of May 3rd was going to possibly be the peak week for Iowa. We started with a small number of our members on May 10th with social distancing guidelines in place. This letter serves as a public notice for those who may visit our church services in the future. The Governor has asked that we continue to follow social distancing & cleanliness guidelines. We will follow these to the best of our ability.
This list includes:
1. Every other row of chairs has been removed which allows for about 7 feet between rows.• Different households are to sit at least 6 feet from each other in different rows & sections.
2. We will not usher you to your seat. Please find a section and seat yourselves.• Ushers will be monitoring space, numbers & capacity to help with guidelines.
3. We will have an overflow section in our gym displaying our service on a large screen TV.• This will also allow for more social distancing.
4. If we are over capacity for social distancing guidelines we will have to limit who comes in.
We have members who are willing to leave and give up their spot to others if needed.
People can also sit in their car in the parking lot and watch our service on Facebook live.
5. We will not have a handshaking time during the service.
We ask that people please maintain 6 feet between those of other households in foyers.
6. All surfaces will be cleaned before every service.
7. We ask that those who are sick or have signs/symptoms of illness to please stay home.
If you tested positive for COVID-19 please follow state protocol for quarantine timetable.
8. Doors will be propped open at the beginning/end of services so you don’t have to touch doors.
9. We have hand sanitizer at the entry ways for all to use.
10. Please take any other personal precautions or protections you feel are best for you.
Please respect and be kind to those who have different ideas or precautions than you.
11. The coffee shop will be order only with NO self-service.
12. We ask parents with small children to please keep your children close to you.
This is to honor social distancing guidelines and to respect the boundaries of other people.
The Governor has also asked senior adults and/or those with pre-existing health conditions to be extra cautious and possibly stay home until further notice. If anyone chooses to stay home we understand. Please do what is best for you & your family. We will continue to do our services online.
We want to honor the Lord in all we do and a large part of honoring God is loving each other, our neighbors & our city. Therefore we want to respect the decisions of other churches, families & individuals during this challenging time. Let us humbly remember this as we move forward.
We love and miss you all and look forward to being together soon! The Downtown Church Leadership Team & Staff
We exist for Christ; to love, worship, and live for Him.
We want to live life together, loving and encouraging one another towards faith and good works.
Our hope is to share the good news of Jesus Christ, beginning in our neighborhoods and to the ends of the earth.
Enjoy an espresso or latte, along with many of your favorite coffee shop offerings.
Our coffee shop is open from
9:45-10:15 AM each Sunday.
Baptisms at the lake
Sept. 13, 6:00pm (baptisms 7:00pm)
Guys Night at The Throwing Post Sept. 24, 6:00-7:30pm
Lakeside Campfire Worship Oct. 4, 6:00p at Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camp (Miller's Bay)
Men's Sportsman's Retreat at Hidden Acres
Located at 2105 N Ave. Milford, IA.
Services are Sundays, 10:15am
Any additional services will be announced on facebook.
TEXT to Give: 855-950-2584